HotelTonight makes it remarkably easy to book great hotels at amazing rates on your mobile device. As a senior member of the Supply Team, you’ll get to own and drive the strategy of a region in EMEA, that includes France, Benelux and the United Arab Emirates.
As a Country Manager, you will represent HotelTonight in the markets that you oversee. Your will have a growth mandate with clear and quantifiable objectives and you will manage a team of Market Managers. You will set the strategy for your region, define the tactics to reach your objectives and guide your team to their revenue goals. You will also serve as leader and advocate on their behalf within HotelTonight.
You should be an effective collaborator, as you will frequently engage with our Global Supply leadership and other departments within HotelTonight. At the same time, you should be an independent and efficient operator – comfortable with defining what success will look like for yourself and your team and then effectively delivering against that.
This is a great opportunity for a leader who is passionate about driving revenue and metrics-based performance, maximizing hotel partner success, and developing a high-impact team of Market Managers!
WITHIN 1 MONTH YOU WILL:
Oversee a team of Market Managers who are responsible for identifying and managing partner relationships with hotels in France, Benelux and the Middle East
Monitor daily operations such as meeting or exceeding revenue goals, bringing on new quality partners, along with measuring partner engagement and performance
Interact with your Global Supply counterparts in our offices around the world (London, Berlin, SF, NYC, Mexico City)
Become accountable for the performance of a collection of markets in France, Benelux and the Middle East against our target KPIs
WITHIN 3 MONTHS YOU WILL:
Complete quarterly forecasting, planning and reporting sessions in order to define and execute your regional strategy
Optimize the performance of your portfolio and team members’ markets
Complete multiple market visits in your region to support your team in growing our hotel partnerships
Lead the office, and ensure a great culture among the Paris team members
WITHIN 12 MONTHS YOU WILL:
Through training, goal setting and feedback, work with your team of Market Managers to achieve their long-term professional development and career growth
Collaborate with other Global Supply Leads and cross-functional partners (Product, Marketing, Customer Experience, Business Intelligence, Strategic Partnerships) to implement innovative ideas in the travel space
Execute local marketing and PR initiatives
Become the face of HotelTonight in the markets you are overseeing by speaking in conferences and events
WHAT HOTELTONIGHT IS LOOKING FOR IN YOU:
You have 4+ years of professional experience, with a focus on owning client relationships and business strategy. Startup experience is preferred but not required
Full business proficiency in French and English language.
You have at least one year of direct management experience
Regional knowledge about France, Benelux or Middle East is a plus!
Success in effectively coaching, mentoring and guiding junior team members
Familiarity with leading complex and/or cross-functional projects from concept to inception
Capacity to balance day-to-day responsibilities with longer term strategic execution
Ability to think analytically and make data driven decisions
You are fast-acting (focused on results over process) and forward-looking
You are able to operate as “player/coach” if needed and dive into market management duties to get the job done
You thrive in a collaborative environment but can also prioritize and manage yourself to get things done with minimal oversight
You are productive and manage your time effectively
Flexibility to travel
You must be a EU citizen or have documentation demonstrating your right to live and work in France.
WHY THIS ROLE IS COOL:
Own and drive the success of a fast growing region in EMEA (and the largest one!)
Work on a collaborative team that knows the value of teamwork, out of the box thinking, and effective communication
Annual visits to at least one of our North American offices in NYC, San Francisco or Mexico City
Travel 20% of the time
Be part of a company that is revolutionizing hospitality and travel spontaneously!
You’ll be the cornerstone of the Paris office culture and atmosphere!
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM HOTELTONIGHT:
– An official Best Places to Work as listed in the SF Business Times (we’re in the top 10 two years running!)
– A highly collaborative and supportive team environment that values asking the right questions, building solutions, and respecting everyone we work with
– We aren’t afraid to take risks, and we encourage you let go of the fear of failure and give that crazy but brilliant idea a shot
– The camaraderie of a driven, agile team that is building something disruptive
– Great office location in central Paris, and an office space that is new!
– Excellent health insurance and stock options
– Fun stuff – quarterly travel stipend to stay with our amazing hotels, subsidized cell phone plans and gym memberships, office exchange program in our offices in London, Berlin and the US, and the opportunity to spin the HT Roulette wheel to win a spontaneous weekend getaway!
– HotelTonight will offer relocation reimbursement up to €5,000
– We are on a mission to radically transform hotel bookings. Doing this requires us to think differently and to question conventional approaches, therefore it’s essential to have a diverse team of the very best people with all types of backgrounds and experiences to bring the best ideas to life. We are committed to maintaining an environment where all of our team members have the opportunity to be heard, to make an impact and to do the best work of their lives.
To apply; it’s there!