At Liftoff, they’re solving one of the core problems faced by every mobile app: growth.
To do so, they build Machine Learning models and infrastructure that can accurately predict which apps a user will like and how to connect them in a compelling way. Their systems operate at a scale unseen outside of the largest Internet companies — processing over a million requests per second and interacting with over a billion users. Their technology is creative and they have strong product-market fit; as a result, they’ve already reached profitability and are seeing tremendous growth.
As a Machine Learning Engineer at Liftoff, you will:
– Own both the ML models and the underlying software tooling and infrastructure. Our ML Engineer role combines the classic “ML Scientist” and “Data Engineer” role at other companies.
– Have a closed feedback loop from hypothesis generation to live AB testing, with no cross-team friction and sub-day iteration cycles.
– Take on unique modeling challenges not covered in the scientific literature, like extreme positive sample sparsity and labelling delay.
– Work with modeling techniques at the state-of-the-art of probability prediction, as well as a multitude of other ML areas from NLP to CNNs.
– Become an expert in Clojure, Go, and the many other cutting-edge open source technologies that maximize our development velocity.
– Join a nimble, consistently excellent, and experienced engineering team (former Google/LI/Ooyala/etc).
Desired qualities and experiences:
– Very strong coding ability (experience in Go and Clojure is a plus).
– 2+ years of industry experience applying Machine Learning to large scale problems.
– Strong core CS fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, architecting systems).
– A passion for quality and excellence, and the ability to temper it when necessary to ship.
– Sets ego aside in pursuit of finding the best solution, no matter where it comes from.
– Self-motivated and a great ability to hustle.
– B.S. or higher in Computer Science. PhD a big plus.
Apply on their website.